Code of Conduct
SMASH! INTENT AND POLICIES
SMASH Inc aims to provide a safe and fun event for all ages. The Code of Conduct exists to prevent injury and ensure that all attendees can enjoy themselves during the Convention.
SMASH! CODE OF CONDUCT
The Convention is organised by SMASH Inc. Upon entry to the event, convention attendees agree to comply with SMASH!’s Code of Conduct and accept all of its conditions. Please note that failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in ejection from the Convention and associated events, and may result in banning/blacklisting from future SMASH Inc events.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry to the Convention is subject to both SMASH!’s Conditions of Entry and the Venue’s Conditions of Entry.
- Entry to the Convention and associated events/venues is at the attendee’s own risk.
- Persons 12 and under are required to attend with a parent or guardian.
- Passes must be worn and visible at all times. One pass per person. Failure to display a valid pass will result in the attendee either purchasing a replacement pass, or being ejected from the event.
- While every care is taken to ensure that events within the Convention run according to schedule, at times this will not be possible. Passes are non-refundable if individual events, screenings, or tournaments run outside of schedule or are cancelled.
- SMASH Inc, its volunteers and associates, and the venue will not be liable for any loss, damage, theft, or injury sustained entering or within the premises during the event.
- No glass, weapons, fireworks, illicit drugs or alcohol will be allowed into the venue and surrounding area.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the venue. Any person who refuses to comply, will be ejected from the venue.
- Animals are not allowed into the venue or the event. Registered Guide Dogs are the only exception.
- Unauthorised alteration, removal, tampering, or bypassing of barriers and crowd control structures will not be tolerated. Persons found doing so will be subject to ejection from the venue.
- Pass holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the crowd and/or audience. Individual photography/filming may not be undertaken without the permission of the subject. See ‘Filming and Photography’ below.
- SMASH Inc reserves the right to refuse entry to You and/or eject You from the Convention and any associated events if You are acting in a dangerous manner or in a manner that may cause harm to Yourself or other attendees.
- Pass holders agree to respect and follow the instructions of SMASH! Staff and ICC Security.
Attendees 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 18 for the duration of their time at the event.
Any programming designated for attendees over the age of 18 will require attendees to show a valid photo ID in order to gain admittance.
SMASH Inc reserves the right to deem a costume You are wearing unacceptable and request You to make modifications as necessary. If You refuse to make the modifications requested, SMASH Inc reserves the right to refuse entry to You and/or eject You from the Convention. Our policy is as follows:
- Nudity or adult themed costumes or props will NOT be permitted. This includes, but is not limited to: public exposure of genitalia, buttocks, or breasts. A costume must be worn at all times.
- Appropriate footwear is required at all times. The soles of your feet must be always be covered.
- All props, costumes, and attachments are subject to the SMASH! Props Policy.
FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- Photographs and video footage of attendees at the Convention is generally allowed in all public areas of the Convention. Specific rules and restrictions regarding video, audio, and photography apply to certain events within the Convention.
- You agree to comply with all directions or requests from SMASH Inc regarding restrictions at any event or in any area at the Convention.
- When photographing or recording video footage of individuals or costumes, You agree to ask before clicking. You will respect an attendee’s rights if they do not wish to be photographed or to be recorded.
- You agree not to take photographs or record video of the Convention’s events, volunteers, or attendees for the purposes of sale or general publication for commercial gain unless You have written permission from SMASH Inc.
- You agree that, if You publish images and/or videos, You identify the image or video as being taken at a SMASH Inc event.
- You agree that inappropriate use of photography or video technology may constitute harassment of attendees. You agree that SMASH Inc may determine at its sole discretion whether the use of photograph or video technology constitutes harassment. If SMASH Inc determines that you are inappropriately using photograph or video technology, You agree that SMASH Inc may eject you from the Convention.
- By attending the Convention, You consent to be filmed or photographed by SMASH Inc or their nominees during the Convention without compensation to You. You agree that, by attending the Convention, You grant an irrevocable, non-exclusive, and perpetual right to SMASH Inc to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, and/or create derivative works from and otherwise use any images or footage of You.
- There is no professional grade photography or videography allowed in areas outside of the convention. This includes common corridors on Level 2 and above, and all other spaces outside of the SMASH! operated areas within and outside of the venue. To be able to record in these spaces permission from either ICC Sydney or Property NSW is required.
FOOD AND DRINK
You agree that food items including drinks are not allowed inside screening areas or near electronic equipment such as video game consoles and TVs. If You are found to be consuming food items outside of designated areas, You will be asked to leave the area while eating/drinking but may return once finished.
Every due care has been taken to ensure the venue is safe. You agree that SMASH Inc, its volunteers and associates, and the venue are not responsible for any loss, damage, theft or injury that occurs during the event. You are responsible for Your individual actions and any repercussions that may result. Volunteer staff are on hand for assistance in any situation, but any civil or medical emergency is to be handled directly by the relevant authorities.
You agree that any violation of this Code of Conduct which involves activities prohibited by law will result in the notification of the proper authorities, eviction from the Convention without refund, and may result in You being denied entry to future SMASH Inc events.
Dangerous activities will not be tolerated. This includes aggressive actions towards other attendees, fighting, offensive behaviour, indecent exposure, possession of weapons and other obscenities which could result in substantial risk or harm to persons or property. Attendees participating in these activities will be ejected from the Convention without the right to re-enter or refund.
SMASH Inc accepts no liability for any injuries, damages or loss caused by these activities. In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation please follow official directives.
Security will be present at the Convention to ensure the safety of the attendees, volunteers, and venue. Security will patrol the event for general offences and possible criminal activity. General offences are handled by security personnel. You agree that security personnel may eject You from the Convention for endangering the safety of the attendees, volunteers, venue or Yourself.