If you are a member of the media and would like to attend SMASH! 2016 for media coverage purposes, you will be required to apply for accreditation prior to the convention.
Please read the requirements for this year’s application procedure carefully. Accreditation is required to gain access to the SMASH! 2016 convention and media-related events.
Once you submit your application, you will be contacted by our PR Department within two-three weeks of your application as to whether you were successful or not. Once approved, you will receive further instructions. If your application does not have sufficient details, a response will be delayed and/or denied. The application deadline is August 10th, 2016.
Media accreditation will be considered and offered to:
- Official press and media news organisations
- Print and online media (magazines, online news sites)
- Bloggers, videographers, photographers
Submitting a request for media accreditation does not guarantee access. Qualifications for accreditation may include (but are not limited to):
- Your organisation must be well-established with ongoing published content.
- Individual personal blogs and cosplay/business photography portfolios will not be considered – except in special cases.
- If requested, you must be able to provide statistics of your organisation (e.g. readership, website traffic, social-media).
- After the convention, we will request a courtesy copy of your coverage for our records.
- Failure to comply with our Press policies (as well as SMASH! policies) may result in revocation of your accreditation for SMASH! 2016 and future conventions.