Random Chance Competitions Policy
Promotions listed on this page are run by SMASH Incorporated, ABN 46 310 471 217, PO Box Q1766, Queen Victoria Building NSW 1230, contactable by clicking Contact Us on the navigation bar.
Coverage, jurisdiction & interpretation
These terms and conditions apply to competitions with an element of chance run by SMASH Inc, either in person or online through social media (“competitions”) for the authorised period stated in section 14. These terms and conditions do not apply to games of skill where judging of entries is involved prior to a draw (eg the use of random draw to determine tie-breakers).
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia.
All dates and times are in Sydney local time (AEST/AEDT).
Where a competition is advertised through social media, entrants are identified through the account used on the social media site the entry was submitted (“linked account”). By entering the competition, entrants agree to be identified and contacted through their linked account.
For all other competitions, winners will only be identified by the information provided at the time of entry.
Draw information will be kept for up to three (3) months after the draw or, if there is a redraw, up to three (3) months after the redraw is approved.
Qualifications for entry
- Entrants must be resident in Australia at the time of entering the competition.
- Entrants must be at least 13 years old at time of entry.
Registered staff members and volunteers of SMASH Inc, their immediate family members and employees of any company associated with the competition are ineligible to enter.
For on-the-day volunteers, this period ends at 23:59, 14 July 2018.
- There is no entry fee for these competitions.
- A competition may have the additional qualification that entrants have purchased a ticket for the SMASH! convention held on 13-14 July 2018. This qualification will be advertised for relevant competitions.
Acceptance of terms
Instructions on how to enter and other details contained within promotional advertisements for a competition form part of the conditions of entry.
By entering a competition, entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
Entrants will be responsible for all costs associated with entering a competition, which may include costs associated with accessing the internet.
Entrants may only enter each competition once. Where entrants are found to have submitted entries more than once in a competition, all entries by the entrant in that competition become null and void.
Prizes for individual competitions will be as advertised.
Individual prizes will not exceed $250.00. Total prizes during the period of the permit will not exceed $50,000.00.
All entries will be recorded before the close of entries and the winner drawn through the use of a random number generator.
The first entry drawn in a competition is the prize winner. Where more than one prize is offered in a competition, prize winners are drawn in order of first prize to lowest prize, in descending number of number and value.
Announcement & notification of winners
Within two (2) business days of the draw:
- Prize winners will be announced through social media.
- Prize winners will be notified through their linked accounts or through identifying information provided at the time of entry.
Claim and receipt of prizes
- Prizes may be claimed by a winner by confirming their regular use of their linked account.
- Where a competition is held for the benefit of ticket-holders, proof of purchase of a SMASH! ticket may be required.
- SMASH Inc may, at its discretion, request the winner produce evidence that they are qualified to enter the competition consistent with section 4 – Qualifications for entry.
- Prizes may be collected in person by the prize winner or another method as agreed upon by correspondence between the winner and SMASH Inc.
- Prize winners will be responsible for all costs associated with collecting and using their prizes.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash or an alternative prize.
- Prizes are not transferrable.
Unclaimed prizes & subsequent draws
Where the winner is:
- not contactable through their linked account or identifying information within six (6) weeks,
- contacted and made aware of their prize winning, has agreed to collect the prize or for which collection is the only method for receiving the prize, does not collect the prize within six (6) weeks of this contact,
- not qualified to participate in the competition according to section 4 – Qualification for entry, a new winner will be drawn from the remaining entries consistent with section 6 – Competiton rules, with the same method. Redraws will continue in the same manner until all prizes have been claimed by prize winners.
No further claims & all decisions final
SMASH Inc is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for any problems or any financial costs incurred, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons related to or resulting from participation in a competition.
SMASH Inc accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the competition.
Decisions by SMASH Inc with regard to competitions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
NSW permit number
Authorised under NSW permit number LTPM/18/03083. The public register may be searched here.
The permit is valid up to and including 08 May 2019.
SMASH Inc acknowledges the use of Curtin University’s Competitions Toolkit, version 4.9 in preparing a majority of these terms and conditions, which have been adapted for use in NSW.